An established tradition of student achievement
Vandalia-Butler City Schools is a high-achieving district, educating students and producing graduates who become contributing members of their community.
The Vandalia-Butler City School District partners with Learn to Earn Dayton and ReadySetSoar "to ensure that every young person in the Dayton region is ready to learn by kindergarten and ready to earn upon graduation from college or after earning a post-high school certificate."
In order to achieve this vision, we are focused on children’s success at six critical “moments”:
- Children must come to kindergarten “ready to learn.”
- They must be reading on grade-level at the end of 3rd grade.
- They must be proficient in 4th-grade math.
- They must graduate high school.
- They must continue their education beyond high school, earning either a college degree or a certificate attesting to their skill.
- They must graduate from college within 6 years.
As we continue to focus on these goals, we are continuing to see students growth. As of the 2013-2014 school year,
- 43,3% of students in the district come to kindergarten "ready to learn" (7th in county).
- 93.4% of students in the district are reading on grade-level at the end of 3rd grade.(4th in the county)
- 96.6% of students graduate high school (1st in the county)
To see the complete report from Learn to Earn Dayton and ReadySetSoar, go to learntoearndayton.org
To view the most recent state report card (2014-2015), click here.
For more information about the report cards, visit the Ohio Department of Education's "Resources for Ohio School Report Cards" webpage.