Butler High School guidance is hosting a FAFSA completion workshop Tuesday, Oct. 18, starting at 6 pm in the Butler High School College Resource Center (Room 104) sponsored by Sinclair Community College.
Students are now able to submit a FAFSA® earlier. Students have been able to file a 2017–18 FAFSA since Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017. The earlier submission date is a permanent change, enabling students to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as Oct. 1 every year.
If you plan to attend this helpful session, please RSVP to email@example.com.
To fill out the 2016-2017 FAFSA (for those wanting to start college in Summer 2017) and 2017-2018 FAFSA, we would suggest the following:
1. Bring the student and parent FSAIDs (create at FSAID.ed.gov)
2. Bring income documents for 2015
- Student’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return
- Parent’s 2015Federal Income Tax Return (dependent students only)
- Student’s 2015 W2s or record of how much they earned if employer did not Issue W2 form
- Parent’s 2015 W2s (dependent students only)
- Student and Parents’ social security numbers, birth dates, parent marital status and date (dependent students only, documentation is not required)
- Amounts of any additional income received by the parent such as child support, social security, welfare benefits, etc. (documentation is not required)
3. Eligible non-citizens - please bring your permanent resident card
- Stepparent information is required if the student is filing the FAFSA with a parent who is married to someone who is not the biological parent of the student.
- If students do not have a copy of the federal tax forms, they can request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS by calling
1-800-908-9946 or by visiting their website at www.irs.gov/transcript