Contact our Treasurer
SUPPORTING EXCELLENCE through FINANCIAL STEWARDSHIP
The Finance Department supports educational excellence through sufficient funding and effective stewardship. Every member of the finance team is focused on the responsible investment of taxpayer dollars. The district's strong academic performance demonstrates the finance team and district administration's commitment to ensure resources are dedicated first to the classroom.
Our Top Priorities
- Adequately fund the education of all VBCS students.
- Continuously seek cost savings and more efficient methods of operation.
- Advocate and support developments that moderate taxation.
- Provide full disclosure of financial resources to our community.
Conservative budgeting has set the district at one of the lowest school tax rates in Montgomery County.
The department’s established record of fiscal excellence has earned top accolades:
- Received the Auditor of State Award of Distinction for 2012
Received a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
Our district has earned investment-grade rating of Aa3, based on Moody's bond credit rating services. A rating of Aa3 is the fourth highest rating offered by Moody's, categorizing our bonds as high quality and very low risk.
Moody’s rating Aa3