The Gifted Services Department manages the district’s program for grades 3-12.
Mission of Gifted/Enrichment Education
Gifted Services will provide an appropriate and hands-on environment that academically stimulates the minds of gifted learners while providing opportunities for effective growth.
Purpose of Gifted/Enrichment Education
Gifted Services will design and deliver differentiated curricula with the appropriate depth, breadth, and pace of instruction to meet the needs of each individual learner.
Vision of Gifted/Enrichment Education
Gifted Services will provide appropriate differentiated instruction for gifted students to help them reach their maximum potential.
Core Beliefs of Gifted/Enrichment Education
Gifted students require:
- Differentiated educational programs
- Frequent and consistent involvement with their intellectual peers
- Specially trained teachers
- Rigorous courses of study beyond that of the essential classroom
- Timely direct instruction
- Social and emotional support
- Learning that is stimulating and challenging
- Opportunities for intellectual growth, creativity, and self-discipline
- An environment in which risk-taking is supported
- Experiences that offer a sense of accomplishment
Coordinator of Gifted & Talented Services