Vandalia-Butler City Schools uses a centralized enrollment process. Enrollment packets are available at the link below or at the Central Enrollment Office, located in the Board of Education Building at 500 S. Dixie Drive.
Completed enrollment forms are accepted by appointment. Please call (937) 415-6410 to schedule an appointment or with questions regarding enrollment, residency or custody. kindergarten
Click here for our Preschool Enrollment Packet
Click here for our Enrollment Packet for all students Kindergarten - grade 12
View the Ohio Department of Health's immunization schedule.
All of the following must be presented at the time of registration:
- Completed student enrollment forms
Certified student birth certificate
Photo identification of the parent/custodial parent/legal guardian
Individualized education plan (IEP) or 504 plan
If your child has an IEP or is on a 504 Plan from their previous school, you will need to provide a copy of the IEP or 504 Plan upon enrollment. Please note that the scheduling of a student, eligible for special education services, may possibly be delayed until or adjusted after the receipt of the most current/valid IEP or 504 Plan.
Proof of custody
In the event of a legal separation or divorce, the parent who has legal custody must provide a complete copy of the court-ordered custody agreement that indicates the parent is the residential custodial parent of the child for school purposes.
If the parent’s last name is different from the student’s, a copy of the marriage certificate or proof of name change must be submitted.
Proof of residency
- If you own/are purchasing your home, documentation can be obtained from the Montgomery County Recorder’s office. Recent purchases may require proof using sale closing documents if the purchase has not been recorded at the time of enrollment.
- If you are renting, a lease/rental agreement that is signed by tenant and landlord must be presented. The agreement must list renter’s name, rental property address, landlord’s name, address, and telephone number.
- If you are in the process of building a new home, a sworn statement may be presented to the Superintendent. This statement must be notarized and include the location of the home under construction and state your intent to live there. A notarized statement from the builder confirming the home is under construction at the indicated location is also required. The construction period may not exceed 90 days. A final review of the construction site may also be required.
- If you are living with another person or subleasing (without a formal lease agreement), you will need the property owner or legal representative to complete a Residency Affidavit (available from the Enrollment Office). This is then subject to review and approval by the district Attendance Administrator.
- We reserve the right to require additional documentation in the form of a phone, utility, or water bill, etc. as necessary.