• CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: VBCSD will be closed due to the State mandatory school closure until students return from spring break on April 13, 2020. If you have questions regarding enrollments, please call 937.415.6410, and if you have general questions or concerns, please contact us at 937.415.6400. Thank you
Close alert
Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar


Enrollment Information


Vandalia-Butler City Schools uses a centralized enrollment process. Enrollment packets are available at the link below or at the Central Enrollment Office, located in the Board of Education Building at 500 S. Dixie Drive.

Completed enrollment forms are accepted by appointment. Please call (937) 415-6410 to schedule an appointment or with questions regarding enrollment, residency or custody.

Click here for our Preschool Enrollment Packet 

Click here for our Enrollment Packet for all students Kindergarten - grade 12

The following must be presented at the time of enrollment:  Completed student enrollment forms, Certified copy of student’s Birth Certificate, Photo identification of the parent/custodial parent/legal guardian, Immunization Record, Proof of custody, Proof of residency, Individualized education plan (IEP) or 504 plan if applicable.

Understanding Residency Requirements

  • The schools of the Vandalia-Butler City School District shall be tuition-free to all school residents between age five and twenty-one.
  • A student is considered a resident if he/she resides with a parent or parents or person or governmental agency with legal custody whose place of residence is within the boundaries of the district.
  • A legal residence is one where the parents/guardians and children engage in major family life activities such as sleeping, eating, receiving mail, voting, etc. and has paperwork to prove it such as lease, rental agreement, purchase agreement, or residency affidavit.
  • A child may attend the district as a resident for a period not to exceed sixty days on the sworn statement of an adult resident of the district that he/she has initiated legal proceedings for custody.  A copy of the application form stamped by the courts and a copy of the form listing the date and time of the hearing must be presented.  If parents have never been legally married, the custody goes to the Mother.
  • Preschoolers enrolled through Vandalia-Butler City Schools to attend Demmitt Elementary must reside in the Vandalia-Butler School District.
  • A student, at least 18 but not 22 years of age, who resides in the district, has a lease in their own name,  and who support himself/herself by his/her own labor, and provides a copy of last transcript with credits is eligible for entrance.
  • Grandparents who reside in Vandalia-Butler School District and have grandchildren living with them can enroll them using a Grandparent POA.