• CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: VBCSD will be closed due to the State mandatory school closure until students return from spring break on April 13, 2020. If you have questions regarding enrollments, please call 937.415.6410, and if you have general questions or concerns, please contact us at 937.415.6400. Thank you
Close alert
Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar



            New Address

Q:  I live in the Vandalia-Butler City Schools district, but I have just moved.  How do I notify Transportation to get a new Bus stop?

A:   You must first bring in your NEW Proof of Residence to the Enrollment Department at the Board of Education building.  They will notify the school of the address change and notify the Transportation Department.


            Non-Custodial Parent

Q:  The mother to my child has left me as the custodial parent, but the school won’t allow me to pick them up after school.  What do I need to do?

A:   You will need a Pro Se Packet from the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court Juvenile Division.  This packet will help you to file Temporary Custody and needs to be court stamped before we can accept it.


            Parents are Divorced- change in Custody

Q:  At the time of our divorce the mother got custody of the kids.  Now she can no longer take care of them.  I need my name changed to the Primary Guardian.

A:   You will need to file an Agreed Entry Form with the county in which your divorce was finalized.  Once it has been approved and court stamped, you can make those changes on your student’s record.


Student is Over 18

Q:  I live in the Vandalia-Butler City Schools district, and dropped out of school.  I would like to come back to school.  Can I enroll?

A:   You must meet all the following requirements of supporting yourself by your “Own Labor”:

                  1.       Provide a copy of a lease in your own name.

                  2.       Provide a copy of utilities in your own name.

                  3.       Provide a copy of proof of employment.

                  4.       Provide a copy of your last transcript.

                  5.       If previously on an IEP, provide a copy of it.

                  6.       Complete VBCS enrollment packet



Q:  I am a grandparent who now has children that need enrolled in school.  How do I enroll them?

A:   You will need a Grandparent POA from the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court Juvenile Division.  This POA will allow you to arrange for the child’s routine and emergency medical treatment, authorize you to enroll them in school, and access information regarding their education.



Q:  I no longer have a permanent house to live in. How do I enroll my children in school?

A:   According to the McKinney Vetro Act, you can enroll them. Vandalia-Butler Schools has a form that needs filled out to help identify the situation and are willing to help with the following links:

            Food Pantry List
            Help with Housing Solutions