Requirements to be a Substitute
To be eligible to be an aide, cook, and/or custodial substitute, you must meet the following two requirements:
- You must have a high school diploma or an equivalent
- You must have a successful BCI/FBI background check
How to apply?
1. Go to https://www.applitrack.com/dayton/onlineapp/. Select By District on the left-hand side of the screen. Select Vandalia-Butler City Schools, then select Substitute from the available openings. Select the red Apply box in the top right hand corner.
2. After you’ve completed your application, if you’ve been selected for an interview, someone from Human Resources will contact you about coming in for an interview.
3. For your interview, please be prepared with the following items:
a. Any paperwork sent from HR in the email detailing dates/times of your appointment (complete before arrival)
b. $48 check/exact change cash (for BCI&I/FBI background check, if needed)
c. Driver’s License
d. Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, or Passport
e. Voided Check (or an alternate direct deposit form provided by your bank)
Custodian: $14.20 / hour
Cook: $13.59 / hour
Aide: $13.03 / hour
*At Vandalia, our Substitute employees must undergo a BCI&I/FBI Background Check every school year. We accept copies of BCI&I/FBI results if it was completed within the current school year.*