Skip To Main Content

Enrollment Information

Kindergarten and New to Vandalia-Butler Enrollment

  • Students MUST be residents of the Vandalia-Butler City School District.  Open Enrollment is not available.
  • Students entering Kindergarten MUST be 5 years old by August 1 of the school year for which they are being registered.
  • Only a custodial parent or legal guardian may enroll a student.  Court documentation may be required.
  • Preschool enrollment should be completed from the Preschool Enrollment Page unless directed otherwise.  
  • If a family whose children currently attend Vandalia-Butler has a change of address that is still within the district boundaries, the parent/legal guardian must bring the NEW proof of residency to the Board of Education Office immediately.  Changes will be made for transportation and mailings after the official change of address has been made with our Central Enrollment Office.  Do not use the online enrollment link as students are already considered enrolled.

After completing our online enrollment, you will receive a call from the Central Enrollment Office.  They will set up a time for you to bring in all documents and complete the enrollment process. 

If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact the Central Enrollment Office at 937-415-6410

  • Original certified birth certificate (photocopies will not be accepted)
  • Proof of Residence (see below) **
  • Parent/guardian ID or driver’s license
  • Immunization records
  • Court-stamped/judge signed custody documents (if applicable)
  • IEP / ETR / 504 Plan / Gifted documents (if applicable)
**Proof of Residency: 
  • Own your home?  Current property tax statement or bank escrow papers listing parent/guardian name and address.  Property tax statements are available for download at Montgomery County Auditor:
  • Rent your home?  Current lease or rental agreement (with landlord name, address, contact #, and expiration date)
  • Temporarily sharing a home?  An Affidavit of Shared Residency must be completed.  Additional documentation is required from the homeowner.  A form is located on the Online Registration program.

Enrollment: Additional Information